Pages

Monday 21 December 2009

Shock and Awe

Shock 1
Actually not really a shock - a pleasant surprise. Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the name of" reaching the no'1 spot in the UK singles chart for Christmas - all in aid of stopping another bland Simon Cowell X Factor "song" from taking the festive spot. Okay, I'm pretty sure some people reading this blog won't be fans of ROTM's music (and I personally would've loved a Christmas song to be the anti-Cowell weapon), but Cowell had to be stopped sooner or later and the smash the system theme of "Killing..." captured the imagination of the public. ROCK ON!!!

Shock 2
The tragic news of Brittany Murphy dying at the age of 32. A total shock.

Shock 3
Again not a shock, more of a "sods law". I (and several members of my family) have the flu just in time for Christmas. At least there's a couple more days to get it out of the system and on the bright side I've finished my shopping and have nearly wrapped up all the presents!!!

Awe
Awesome actually - less than 100 days to go until I'm in sunny Florida for the 6th time!!!!! Yeah for me and my family too!!!!!

No comments: