Pages

Friday 22 July 2022

Supertogether Band

 Discovering Supertogether, together

In the late 1980s I got introduced to a band called The Seers by one of my school friends.

 The moment I put the needle down on the 12" vinyl of  Freedom Trip I knew this was the band for me.

When they broke up in 1992, around the time of their second album, Peace Crazies, it left a gap in the lives of many music fans. Personally, that gap was made worse by the fact I never got to see them perform live. 

Having seen many bands I enjoyed my teen years get back together, I always hoped The Seers would do too, but as the band approach their sixties it seems that won't happen. 

A while ago, I discovered some of the members of The Seers have been in other bands since then, so, this post is about one of those bands and I'll probably do something on the other bands too (though, I'll probably include them in here too.)

My main reason for doing this is to save myself having to dig around for material when I want to listen to them. This is the cased with Supertogether, because I haven't found any of their music for sale or to stream. 

Supertogether are a band put together around 2011 (possibly earlier), fronted by Steve "Spider" Croom of The Seers, and include Billy and Richie from The Heavy Drapes (both are now in The Godfathers). 

Material first started appearing on the internet via Bandcamp in 2011, but with members of the band far apart as Scotland and Bristol it seemed difficult for them to get things done. The last post (at the time of writing) on their Facebook page was 2018. It's now July 2022 and their debut album, Bitterness and the switch, still hasn't materialised. 

It's a shame because the tunes that have been shared to date are awesome.

So, let's start off with the videos that are out there. Here you go.




There are a few places to listen to audio tracks too. Probably the place with the biggest selection of Supertogether's material is Reverbnation with 9 tracks (includes 2 versions of Powder Blue). If you pop over to Steve Croom's Soundcloud page you will find 3 more (okay, one of them, Loveless, is on Reverbnation), Here you will find more of Steve's tracks from his other bands, Zoomer, Teenage Girls and some of his solo stuff.  Their bandcamp page only has one track, Powder Blue again. 

So, that it really. Well, all I can find out about Supertogether. Will they ever put the finihsing touches on the debut album and perhaps play some gigs? Who knows. I hope so. 




No comments: