Pages

Sunday 26 September 2010

Normally I like food....

...but right at this moment it is not my friend.

On Friday night we drove up to Hull in order to see relatives and go to an afternoon barbecue at a friends' house.

I didn't feel at hungry as I normally do at these occasions (remember: food is my friend) but still enjoyed the occasion with a plate of well cooked (maybe even over-cooked) meats, and a couple of slices of cake.

D took the first stint driving home. . As we progressed my stomach felt bloated, and I felt nauseous. I tried to hold it in, but after less than an hour I desperately needed to stop for fresh air.  Unfortunately that wasn't all I needed to stop for! I only just made it to a tree before heaving. Not once, but three times. I just hope there weren't any CCTV cameras in Lincoln. Someone was watching - Luke. He decided that he now felt sick and the next time we stopped he tried to wretch!

The journey is normally fairly long (about 4.5hrs with a couple of pitstops) but this time it felt longer than ever. I felt rough for entire journey, needing to stop frequently, especially as another part of my body wanted to be in on the action!!!!

I've spent most of the day resting on the couch and still feel really rough, my stomach is bloated and, ahem, normal service has not resumed yet. My throat feels really rough too, probably from all that heaving.

And the working week starts tomorrow. Joy.

No comments: