Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Turn it up!

I feel bad about posting this, but it's really funny!

My Grandma came round to my house earlier today for a cup of tea. Now, she's abit death at the best of times, even with her hearing in. I asked her a question, and had to repeat it about 5 times getting louder as I did so. Eventually I got her response which was along the lines of "I can't hear very well you know, especially with that (points to TV) on."

Fair point, except the telly was on mute!!!

Oddly enough, she then answered my question without me having to ask it again.

Over the years my family have delivered some classic accidental one-liners and I wish I had compiled a list of them. One or two would probably only be funny to those present (a case of you had to be there to appreciate it) but most would probably tickle anyones funny bone. That said, my sense of humour strays into crudeness so some might be frowned upon too!!!

Here's one of my all-time favourites.
We're having Christmas dinner at my parents house, and my Dad turns to my wife and asks "do you want stuffing?" Even my Mum cracked up, and every year we try to coax him into accidentally saying it again to someone.

No comments: