Pages

Monday 10 September 2007

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside...

We went to Great Yarmouth yesterday because little 'un wanted to go to the seaside.

Yarmouth woudn't normally be my choice destination for this activity despite its long mainly sandy beaches, but I'd grown tired of going to the seaside every couple of weeks and standing in the feezing murky sea while he threw stones in to the sea to splash me. So Yarmouth, with it's plethora of amusement arcades and other attractions seemed a good choice.

Chips for lunch is alway a good start (with lashings off ketchup and an unhealthy does of salt and vinegar, of course!) and then we wandered along the beach for a while, built a sand-pile (little 'un didn't want to build sandcastles...)

Then it was off to the arcades to spend a few coins. Finally we ended up in the Pleasure Beach. It's a bit run down but he enjoyed getting soaked whilst watching the log flume. In fact he enjoyed that more than the Haunted House (really tame but scared him enough) and the Fun House (he really was not sure about the moving floorboards and walkways - especially as it was pitch black, so I had to carry him around this "attraction" which didn't help my own struggle to balance!)

The only problem with going to the seaside is the sea air makes me wnnat to sleep.
Of course, on the flip said it almost certainly guarantees a sleeping kid too, which is always appreciated for a hour on a Sunday!

1 comment:

SWILUA said...

sounds fun! I'm coming to the UK in a week to go visit my thesis advisor, and my school is on a beach. I think it's cold, though. I guess I'll find out!