Pages

Thursday 6 September 2007

Watch what you say!

The latest in incident that comes under the "watch way you say in front of kids" category....

I left work early today and My Mum had kindly offered to pick me up in exchange for returning my son to me earlier than normal (She looks after him during the week when he's not at nursery or playgroup.)

On the way in she encountered a really bad driver and snapped "get out the way you silly woman!" Now, my Mum is not really the sort for losing her temper, and the little blighter reminded her of her outburst straight away by repeating it, then laughing his head off. Then repeating it and laughing even louder, continually doing so and getting quicker and quicker so that by the time I got picked up he was a gibbering wreck!

Unfortunately I laughed when it was explained to me and this set him off again.

Later in the evening he decided to return to one of my own verbal accidents. "Oh I can't get in this bloomin' car seat, this bloomin' hat won't fit me. I'm gonna throw away this bloomin' car...." Telling him that it was a naughty word didn't really have any affect. Threatening to take away his bloomin' toys if he didn't stop saying it did!!!

2 comments:

SWILUA said...

ha! what an adorable little kido! My son's new favorite "swear" word is "Oh, Tartar Sauce!@!"

MaJaTo said...

That's good - a least if he says that you'll only get puzzled looks rather than mucky stares!