Pages

Thursday 13 September 2007

Personal reflection

Whilst walking around city at lunchtime I reflected on my current lot in life.

And, all things considered, it's pretty good right now:-
- I've got a great family around me, both in my own home and in homes not far away too (Mum & Dad live about 2 miles away, and my Bro and his family are 2 minutes walk!)
- My 3.5yr old little son makes me laugh and smile every day
- There's another bundle of joy to look forward to in about 8 weeks time
- I have a really great roomy house in a classy area 30 minutes walk from the City
- And I've got a great job too.

I guess what might've brought this reflection on was passing someone in the street who I used to work with (if the term "work" could be applied to what he did in the office, that is if he could be bothered to turn up....) who had a stinker of an attitude problem.

And that's the difference. Having the right attitude, giving 110% effort , going out of my way to help others rather than being selfish and a continued belief in myself means I can always be proud of what I've achieved in life.

No comments: